Katz & Associates Law Firm is well qualified to meet the needs of all clients in the entertainment industry. With offices in Stuart, West Palm Beach, Sunrise, and Miami, Florida the entertainment lawyers at Katz & Assoicates are well experienced in the entrainment industry in the following areas:
The practice of entertainment law requires a lawyer to draft contracts, conduct negotiation, copyright, trademark and mediation at times. Some situations may lead to litigation or arbitration. It is important to note that Entertainment Law is generally sub-divided into the following areas:
TV and Film Industry
Performers & Artists
- FILM: covering option agreements, finance, chain of title issues, talent agreements (scriptwriters, film directors, actors, composers, set designers), production and post production and trade union issues, distribution issues, motion picture industry negotiations distribution, and general intellectual property issues relating to copyright and, to a lesser extent, trademarks;
- MUSIC: including talent agreements (musicians, composers) producer agreements, and synchronization rights, production agreements, music industry negotiation and general intellectual property recording contracts, the infamous multiple rights agreement (known to all as the 360 deal), issues relating to copyright;
- TELEVISION and RADIO: including broadcast licensing, regulatory issues, and mechanical licenses;
- THEATER: including rental agreements and co-production agreements, and other performance oriented legal issues;
- MULTIMEDIA: including software licensing issues, video game development and production;
- PUBLISHING and print media issues, including advertising, models, author agreements and other copyright related issues;
- VISUAL ARTS AND DESIGN: including fine arts, issues of consignment of artworks to art dealers, moral rights of sculptors regarding works in public places; and industrial design, issues related to the protection of graphic design elements in products.
Entertainment law or media law is a general term for a mix of more traditional categories of law with a focus on providing legal services to the entertainment industry. The principal areas of Entertainment Law overlap substantially with the well-known and conventional field of Intellectual Property Law. But generally speaking, the practice of entertainment law often involves questions of employment law, labor law, immigration, securities law, security interests, agency, intellectual property (especially trademarks, copyrights, and the so-called “Right of Publicity”), and insurance law.
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN ARTIST MANAGEMENT PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR PACKAGE TO firstname.lastname@example.org. Or visit www.KatzManagement.com
For more specific information visit our website dedicated to entertainment law: The Entertainment Law Firm.
Leave us a comment or feel free to ask us a question. We look forward to serving you.